Monday, May 14, 2012

The "Lindsay" Wardrobe

This wardrobe I found on Bisman I LOVE, but when I called my hubby to see if he wanted it, he said NO. Yup, it was a NO. He thinks we already have too many big pieces of furniture in our home. He maybe right but I still wanted it. The lady that was selling already came down on the price, so it was hard for me to let it go. So, I called my best Minot girl to see if she wanted it before I completely past on it, and she said YES. Yay, I am glad it is going to someone who can really use it and appreciate it as much as I do. She wanted to redo it, but it was taking her FOREVER to do it. IT WAS TORTURE.It was sitting in her garage for weeks, and every single time I passed by it, I would think, "If she was mine, how I would I redo it?" I really loved it so much, I FINALLY offered to do it for her. We talked about how she wanted it done, but after the first coat of paint,I knew how I wanted to finish it.She was not made from REAL wood, she is ALL particle board, so I definitely had to SAND AND SAND this piece. But it can be done so here she is in Tiffany Blue with white wash on top, and HEAVILY distressed!
This was inspired by a little keepsake jar she bought from Hobby Lobby. It had a rustic feel to it, so I decided this will match it perfectly.
JUST A TIP: To get more of that rustic, and "old age" look, I highly recommend using OIL BASED polyurethane!
I loved the "old age" look to this piece!

I love the knobs, I was going to spray paint them white, but I think they are perfect just the way they are!

Here is what she looked like sitting in her garage for weeks :)
Update: I decided to put wallpaper to the interior of this wardrobe. I love the feminine vintage rose design, don't you?


2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for it to be sitting in my home!!! Love the color

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this. I wish it was mine :)

    ReplyDelete