Monday, May 14, 2012

Bing and Bugs "Dream" Tree

I was feel extra crafty one day sitting in our condo back in Sacramento, and I wanted to add a special something in my daughter's room. I always loved the look of old branches with chandelier that people often have as their centerpieces for weddings...so I wanted something just like it. I went around the neighborhood and park looking for fallen branches to make it. After I was done with it, my FABULOUS girlfriend from Sac loved it so much, she wanted it for her little princess too! Of course, I would do it for her, she will always hold a special place in my heart...and it was a great idea! Bing (my daughter's nickname) and Bugs (her daughter's nickname) are BFFs, and how awesome would it be that they will have matching ones? I wanted to something for little Bugs anyways since we were soon leaving Sac at the time...I wanted her to remember us and her BFF forever. So here it is, their very own "Dream" Tree:

This was from Bug's room! The branches were roughly painted white. To create the chandeliers, I took swarovski crystal beads and threaded it with invisible thread. I stuffed the .25 cents craft glass I found at Joann's with moss fillers from the flower section.



Here is Bing's tree! She is sound asleep! I added the little doves that you can find at any craft store. The wings have a touch of pink glitter, and used hot glue to attach the flowers I had laying around.
Here is Bugs (left) and Bing (right). Aren't they just soo cute together?! I miss our little play dates, they always had fun..even the mommies and daddies too! xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment