Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My own take on Fipino Beef Steak

I was debating whether to post recipes or not...not because of me, but because of my husband. He is stingy especially when it comes to sharing his favorite Filipino recipes made by yours truly. He always says "We should bottle it up, and sell it." He is my biggest supporter, and he has so much more ideas for me than I ever could for myself...but anyways, here is a special post for those who wants to try some of my favorite Filipino dishes...Everyone has their way of cooking...I RARELY follow recipes..I love finding how to cook different foods on my own, put my own take on it, and making it my very own! Feel free to ask me questions...I may miss an ingredient or a step...Cooking is also a form of art to me...little bit of this, little bit of that..best of all its made with LOVE!

What you will need:

BEEF (any cuts, I prefer the ones with a little fat...you will learn why in a minute)
ONIONS (i like a lot of onions)
LEMON PEPPER
GARLIC SALT 
BLACK PEPPER
SOY SAUCE 
VINEGAR
GARLIC (put as much as you want)
RED PEPPER FLAKES (if you like a little bit of heat)
BASIL 
Canola Oil
Preparation:

Mince Garlic and cut Onions into rings!

Slice your beef thinly...when you cut the fat out..just leave some on some pieces!

In a mixing bowl, combine vinegar and soy sauce, and basil! If I am mixing these two together, I usually do 2/3 cups of vinegar 1/3 cup of soy sauce...Now, depending on your taste (taste before you put the meat in there)..Don't be afraid to add A little bit of this and a little bit of that!

Sprinkle Black Pepper, Lemon Pepper, and Garlic Salt in the pieces of Beef. And then soak it in your vinegar and soy sauce marinade.

Now, Let's Cook!

Drizzle Canola Oil in the pan! Wait for it to heat up, and then add your garlic. Take the beef out of your marinade and add it to the pan...Let's brown the beef up!

When The Beef is nice and brown, we will add the marinade...cook it in med-low...It does not mean that the beef if cooked from inside out, it is done...you have to wait until its tender...normally when meat is starting to cook in its own fat, where the marinade has been soaked up by the beef, its almost done!
(this is where it makes food extra delicious and flavorful)

Add extra minced garlic, and finally add your Onions in the end. Just sautee it with the beef and you are all done!

Serve with JASMINE rice! It is the best! Here's what it suppose to look like when you are all done! I made this for my hubby on Valentine's Day!



TIP: When you're cooking with vinegar, DO NOT KEEP MIXING...LEAVE IT ALONE! Couple pokes here and there to move the meet but never stir it! Just let it boil and it will do its magic!



1 comment: