Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Anniversary Gift


A couple weeks ago, I went to the Minot Flea Market in search of a hutch. My wedding anniversary is coming up and I have my mind set on what I wanted as a gift. I did not want jewelry, chocolates, dinner, card, etc..ALL I WANT IS A HUTCH! I am losing sleep over it, and I would look everywhere for one...then I saw her, she was the only hutch there!..she is not as big as I would want her to be, but she would be perfect since my space is becoming limited due to my furniture addiction. If you want a particular furniture in this town, if you see it, you get it, or else you might miss out on what could be a really great piece...someone will snag it really quick! I got her from the flea market vendor name Mike, and he had some other pieces that I would have wanted but this is the one I wanted to take home with me...at least from Mike anyway..I bought a few more things from other vendors that I will show you guys very soon. This hutch is solid wood, and she is an antique. I wanted to do something different for this hutch so she would fit right in with the rest of my house...I painted her white, and added a bluish-green wash on top, distressed her quite a bit. Instead of painting the whole thing white, I decided to paint the inside of the hutch the bluish-green paint that I have....I am still debating whether to replace the metal knobs with glass, or not...but I kinda like it the way it is. I also have to replace the light bulb too! But here she is! My Four year Anniversary gift!



 Before Picture                      

I am glad that I decided to pain the inside a different color! It helps this piece  stand out!



Here are some teacups that I purchased from the thrift store. I love little rose teacups, I found little spoons to go with them too! They were only $1 there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment