Wednesday, April 25, 2012

"Coreen" Armoire

Before I got this armoire, it took a lot of negotiating with "Coreen." She did not want to come down on her price, but because it was a piece that people did not care for, she reposted it up for sale again in the yard sale, and finally took my original offer. We met her in her tiny storage unit, and her sweetness and story made me realize this piece was worth every penny she was asking for. Her family lost all their belongings in the Minot flood. She is renting a storage unit waiting for a house for her and her family. When we tried to load the armoire, it did not fit because we had my daughter with us, and we could not take the seats down with her car seat...anyways, she offered to give us her storage unit key, and to pick it up the next day! That was so nice, and she trusted us, she must have felt that we are good peeps, and WE ARE! Two weeks ago, I went to the thrift store with my mini family, and my best Minot girl and her family to the flea market....a sweet lady came up to me and says, "What did you end up doing with the armoire?" It was her..my Coreen. I showed her a picture...and gave her the biggest hug...I have a feeling I will be running into her, here and there...she is looking for pieces to have in her home too! So my friends, here it is the one and only "Coreen" armoire: In the lightest shade of pink, distressed, and fancied up in glass knobs...it would be perfect for a little princess room too :) Right now, it is in our family room and my daughter enjoys watching her fairytale movies in it!

Sitting on top, is a $ 0.25 craft glass I found at Joan Fabrics when we still lived in California...The branches are from my husband's uncle's ranch in Menifee, CA (can you believe they made it with the move)  I added a few flowers and roughly painted the branches white! Stick in the glass and Voila!
 The books are vintage volumes of "The Book of Life" 
 31st Edition, 1968, Printed in the good Ole USA! $7 for all 9 of them!
The Armoire was made by Singer!

Before and After Pics



No comments:

Post a Comment