Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My "Makeup" Storage

I hope everyone is having a great week! I took a break the past weekend from everything, I needed time to catch up with homework, and spend time with my daughter. But I am back! This piece I am about to introduce, is one of my FAVORITEST, FAVORITEST, piece ever. Yeah, I use that word.


This Secretary Hutch was found at 57th St. Antique Mall in Sacramento, CA. It was my first time going to this mall, I was in love. The first time I saw this hutch, I was in love. All the vendors were having a 20-30% sale. This was listed for $120, and it was on sale for 20% off, $96...plus tax. Before I got her, I did not realize the value of secretary hutches, I just adored her beauty. She was perfect the way she was...but I knew I had to vamp her up a little bit. I saw a smaller secretary hutch few weeks ago at the flea market, and the vendor had it for $869...insane right? I am very fortunate to get this piece for the price I did! 

For those of you who did not know this, I am also a make-up artist and I have had the opportunity to work for one of the biggest salon on the east coast, and a company under Estee Lauder, MAC cosmetics. Well the beauty of working at these places, you get gratis. YES, free makeup, skincare, brushes, etc. I MISS THIS! So along with me buying to add to my stash, I accumulated a great collection! And I needed a place where I can store my goodies...

 Anyways, here is my very own makeup storage...

 I slightly just brushed her with paint, and distressed her quite a bit.
 I do not think I will be getting rid of this piece...ever!


 Love the intricate details of this hutch, The brass glass knobs are perfect for her!

 My Sephora inspired brush holders! Just get some glass beads from the flower vase section, pour it in glass container, and Voila....now to fit my huge brush collection in these...that's another story!

I will post my collection, how I organize it once I go through my things...I haven't had a chance since we moved to Minot!

JUST A TIP: please, please do not have makeup sit in your bathroom or store it anywhere close...the moisture from the hot shower makes your makeup collect bacteria faster....and a lot of it!! And perfumes, as much as it looks really cute on top of your vanity, keep it where it get minimal light, and store it in a cool place...it lasts longer!

6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful!!! I've never seen anything like that before. I can't wait to see how you organized the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! Thank you for following my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favorite piece of yours as well! This fits your whole shabby chic design! I can picture getting make-overs next to this piece while sipping tea....okay, maybe guzzling vino LOL!

    ReplyDelete