Saturday, May 5, 2012

ADOBO Pork Chops



This is what my daughter and I ate for lunch today, I wanted something quick and easy. I usually marinade this over night or even for a couple days for more flavor, but it still came out delicious. Filipino style Adobo is one of the most requested dish, the ingredients and steps to make it are simple, but it packs a lot of flavor. Instead of making ordinary pork chops, I decided to do make adobo flavored ones...try it! I promise you wont regret it.



What you will need!

Pork Chops (any cut, I prefer the one with the bone)
Garlic Salt
Minced Garlic (FRESH)
Pepper
Lemon Pepper
Vinegar
Soy Sauce
Sugar
Oil

Prepare

Coat the pork chop (each side) with garlic salt, pepper, lemon pepper, and sugar.

In a bowl, mix your vinegar and soy sauce, and just a little bit more sugar, maybe about a teaspoon.

Now, soak your pork chops in the marinade.

Let's Cook!

Put a little oil in the pan, and sear each side of the pork chops.

Once both sides are done, add the marinade that is leftover.

Cover it up, this will help your pork chops cook thoroughly, and become more tender.

Once it is starting to caramelize, open the lid, and let it cook some more until it is frying up.

Then, add your minced garlic.

It should look like this when it is starting to caramelize!



Once you see barely any marinade in the pan, you are done. (Please see pic on top of the page to see what the dish looks like when it is completely done.)

JUST A TIP: I usually eat this with rice, or fried rice. To give your rice a bit more flavor, try putting some of that white rice into the same pan you cooked the pork chops in!

Enjoy this recipe! Let me know how you like it. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. mmmmm......my mouth is watering! I will give this a try and let you know :)

    ReplyDelete