Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Chicken Wired Dresser

I bought this dresser at the yard sale site, and the lady we purchased it from gave us very little information about the dresser....this dresser belonged to her grandmother. She originally priced this dresser fairly decent, however no one took it...it may have been the mirror. It is antique, solid wood... but the mirror needed some TLC. To hire someone to desilver a mirror, EXPENSIVE...to Do it Yourself....EXPENSIVE. 

At first, I liked the mirror the way it was..ghosted and it displays how old this piece truly is...but it started to freak me out as a I lay in my "girly room" (guest bedroom).
What she looked like before!


 It took me awhile to decide what I wanted to do with, but I decided to just redo the whole dresser. I knew I wanted it to be the same pale pink color I painted the "Coreen" armoire (if you haven't seen it, please check it out!) I wanted it to look old. Should I just replace the mirror, should I not? Should I just remove the elegant harp that holds up the mirror? ABSOLUTELY NOT! But, I did not want to spend anymore money on it. I already replaced the knobs, but obviously it did not convince me enough to keep it the way it is. Well, I have seen old picture frames with chicken wire to turn them in to earring holders, picture holder, notes, etc. DUH, why not have a dresser that have just that...I can always have a mirror somewhere else in the room, right? Well, then here she is...looking pink, old and beautiful, with vintage inspired knobs...and chicken wired...hahaha


Curtains, courtesy of Mommy Dearest!

What you will need for a project like this!
My baby when she just turned 1!







1 comment: