Sunday, October 28, 2012

1970’s Ethan Allen Cannon Ball Suite/ Bedroom Reveal

Before we moved to North Dakota, we decided to replace of our old bedroom set.. I wanted something that I can refinish and be proud to put in our new home. Not to mention, we had a King Mattress with a queen headboard...and the madness just had to stop! I knew it was going to be a big task once because it will be another project before our big move…huge mistake, HUGE!! But I still went on Craigslist and posted our old set, and started looking for a new one. Sacramento Craigslist had so many bedroom set for sale…most of them were advertised SOLID WOOD! But I took my time so I can find the right one. We were able to sell our old set for almost $400!!!! And after a few days after, I found this Ethan Allen bedroom set for less than what we sold our old set for. SO HAPPY! And I knew I  had to have it!
The guy that had sold it to us had an estate sale. His wife died a year ago, and he was ready to move on. He and his wife had purchased this set back in the 70’s, he says….the mattress that came with the set, says it all….trust me! We did not want the mattress nor did he. He knocked off 50 dollars off his asking price as long as we get rid of the mattress for him. I know it is only a matter of weeks until the moving company was scheduled to come and pack our stuff, and take it to storage. My daughter and I were not allowed to accompany my hubby to ND yet, because the city of Minot flooded, and housing was scarce, on and off base. Regardless, I knew I had to finish this set before they come and take our stuff. I worked on this set diligently up until the day TMO came. This bedroom set came with a headboard, footboard, a huge dresser with mirror and two side tables…..and a very sweet card I found one of the dresser drawers… it was written by the old man addressed to his wife….it was dated 198….I kept it. So much history…makes you kinda wonder what kind of love they had….



Well without further ado, I introduce to you our Master Bedroom Set.  This set was in excellent condition. It was solid and built well. This Cannon Ball Suite was done in country white and distressed to perfection. I know there are going to be some Ethan Allen furniture lovers that would get upset about repurposing vintage furniture like this. Well everyone has their preference right? Mine just happen to be a little shabby…but what do you all think???



Nightstand, with my
50 Shades and of course,
for those asthma attacks,
my inhalers! LOL
My dresser, I love how feminine it
looks!!!





My daughter loved our new bedding so much, she decides to break it in first! Meet one of our dogs, Sadie...well her ears anyways!





 This is a dresser I bought from a yardsale site when we got to Minot. I've always wanted a HIS or HER dresser, and it was a perfect addition to our set!

We do not have a huge master bedroom as you can see, but I still love it! We are fortunate to live on base and got a house that is big enough for my family...and it fits all my found treasures!




Well, there are a few more things I want to add to it..as always, it'sa  work in progress!!! Hope you all had a great weekend!!!

1 comment: