Thursday, September 20, 2012

Partly Cloudy but Super Shabby Blue Dresser

Just sounded like the weather man with that title...but I think it is the right name for this 1950s dresser. Her full body with those tiny little legs makes her a statement piece.  It is very hard to find these kind of dressers these days...trust me.  You just have to know where to go to...yeah I know people....LOL.

Just in case you didn't see a before picture here ya go:


She probably could have stayed the way she was...well, I wouldn't have a hobby if I felt that way!  Besides, having a customized furniture that only YOU can have, is an added bonus!!

Just like her name, she's done up in blue and white which gives that cloudy and antique look....and of course, I gave her a quite a bit of distress to give her a little bit more character. I wanted the body to stand out, so I painted the drawers in cream, chipped a bit of the paint off and VOILA! I loved the knobs and pulls that she already had, but I spray painted them with dark bronze to tie it all together...what do you all think? Not too shabby huh?



And yes, she is for sale! Check her out in my shop or message me on my Facebook page right now!!!!

Thank you all for continuing to support Little Shabby History. It means a lot. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment